When I found Vivian at Goodwill a little over a year ago, she was a standard blonde Barbie... with a difference that made her stand out. Bright green eyes with red lips, instead of the usual blue and pink. So of course, I had to have her.
She stayed a blonde for about a year while I worked on other dolls and wondered which hair color would suit her. And at the end of February? I had it. She needed to be a brunette, to match her eyebrows. And I just happened to have two different shades of brown, left from other projects, that would be perfect.
I did an insane amount of work on her the first day. Here's what was left:
Here she is from the front. As you can see, her hair is in desperate need of a boil wash!
Here it is, tamed with an elastic band.
I actually finished her over the next two days. Filled in the back of her head, thatched the part, and gave her a nice boil wash to reduce the bulk. Unfortunately, looking at the photos, I realize... they really don't do her justice!
So I'm going to re-take those, maybe with a nice change of outfit and some pretty background paper, and do a separate post for the finished re-root.
Stay tuned! In the meantime, I have plenty of other photos to share.
Sarah J Sequins