Saturday, September 5, 2015

New doll: Lenora

Dolly friends, before I introduce you to my new doll, I need to introduce you to Audrey. I met Audrey about five years ago, and we hit it off right away. We bonded over our shared love of writing... and of food, especially cake. Along with our friend Andrea and Uncle John, we formed a writing group, and we terrorized the local library for several years. She also inspired me to start making doll quilts because of her fantastic work.

Our lives have all gotten hectic, so we no longer meet on a weekly basis, but we still get together every now and again. And when we do, we always have fun. This week we had a dinner to catch up and to celebrate Audrey's first book,  and Audrey did not show up alone. She brought along my early Christmas present, which she'd found at a neighborhood yard sale.


Everyone, meet Lenora! She's a Fashion Fever Barbie doll, with the Lea face mold. I love everything about her, from her jeans to the tiny rhinestone pin on her jacket. I knew I wanted her when Audrey emailed me pictures of the yard sale, but I had no idea she'd be a present. I'm beyond thrilled, and I have to say... I love having friends who understand me. In another post, I'll show you the doll quilt she made for my birthday a few years ago.

Because Audrey is an awesome friend, in addition to a talented quilter and writer, I hope you'll take a look at her book on Amazon... and maybe help me spread the word? I am so very proud of her, in addition to being happy with my new doll, and I want to help her achieve her destiny as a Super Famous Writer. Think of all the cake she could buy!

Much love,

Sarah J Sequins

(And dolls)

4 comments:

  1. Lenora is a beautiful doll. I'm sure you will have lots of good times playing with her. And, you are so lucky to have such a nice friend who offered you this wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she lovely? I really am lucky to have Audrey as a friend. <3

      Delete
  2. Congratulations with this lovely present! I read the summary of your friend's book, it sounds like an intriguing story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I can't wait to read the book. She's been working on the series for years and years, and I'm very proud of her.

      Delete