You might remember Robin from the previous post.
Well, almost immediately after I published that post, I started another doll. A nice and easy saran project that went by quickly. And by the time I was done with that re-root, I was ready to work on Robin and her tricky silky nylon hair again.
And you know what? The hair wasn't as hard to work with as I remembered. So I finished this section in a little over an hour.
The next day I worked on thatching the part in her hair and setting it with hot water. Then I gave her a trim. And... she was done!
Yesterday we had a nice photo shoot. It wasn't an overcast day -- in fact, it was sunny and gorgeous -- so I wasn't sure how the photos would turn out. But I told myself, it was an experiment. A chance to play around.
So I played. As you can see, I even used some nice Gothic-looking scrapbook paper as a background.
I like the way these turned out. Not too shabby at all. I have a lot to learn about photography, and I'm sure there are better ways to filter out the light than a napkin holder stuffed with junk mail, but I don't mind putting in the hours.
Doll photography has turned out to be a ton of fun for me. Using different props and backgrounds, dressing the dolls up with pretty clothing and accessories. Styling their hair and putting them in different poses.
And of course, there are the crazy little things I rig up, like the napkin holder. Not professional at all, but a great exercise in problem solving and creativity. Now that I think about it, I have an old umbrella just sitting in my closet at home....
I took at least twenty photos of Robin yesterday. Unfortunately, because I'm using my camera phone, getting them from the phone to Google Drive to the computer is an exercise in patience, taking at least four days. So the rest of the photos (the good ones, anyway) will have to wait.
Until then, I have a few more photos saved up. I can't wait to show them off!
Sarah J Sequins